Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Blood Shop

I often speak aloud when formulating my list of things I need to do in the day. I hope it helps my kids understand that you need to plan ahead for things and what is required to do so.

Lilly pipped up this morning – you need to go to the blood shop.

What would I be buying there Lilly Lou? I asked.

She looked at me as if I were an insect. “Blood Mummy”. and then rolled her eyes. ( who needs a teenager in the house when you have a three year old?)

“I’m not sure I need blood today sweetheart” I replied.

“Yes we do. We need sausages and steak for the BBQ too.”

I have never been one to hide any facts of life from the kids – and they are well aware that an animal has been killed, skinned and cut up in order for us to eat it. It is interesting that Lilly has worked out that the butcher is a place full of blood.

Watch this vegetarian space… maybe..

No comments: